What Kinds Of Premises Liability Cases Have You Encountered?
At Becker Law Office, our skilled attorneys handle multiple types of premises liability claims. The most common are:
- Swimming pool injuries: Swimming pools and the areas around them can be very dangerous. When the surrounding areas are not fenced off or maintained in a secure condition, injuries and drownings can happen as a result.
- Fires and burn injuries: Sometimes, property owners neglect to keep their buildings up to code. This means that a property may have wiring issues, gas leaks, and other unchecked hazards that can lead to a disaster. If a fire occurs, the owner may be held accountable and will be required to pay for your medical expenses.
- Dog bites: Pet-owners are mandated to keep others safe from their animals. If you or your child is bitten by another individual’s pet, you may be able to receive compensation for the injuries. An experienced attorney can help you understand if you are entitled to compensation from the pet owner or if your homeowner’s insurance will cover your claim.
- Inadequate security: A business owner is required to keep their staff and customers safe. If you are assaulted at a restaurant or other business establishment, you may be able to file suit against the business owner if they failed to take the precautionary steps to secure their property and keep their guests safe.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: This is one of the most common types of premises liability cases. A slip-and-fall accident can lead to serious injuries including broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and back injuries. Property owners are mandated to keep their premises safe and ensure surfaces like sidewalks and parking lots are free of hazards. A property owner is required to notify others of any dangers or hazards and correct the problem within a reasonable amount of time. If a property owner neglects to do this, they have breached their duty of care and may be held liable for your injuries.