How Do I Obtain Insurance Compensation After A Hit And Run?

I was in a hit-and-run, how do I obtain insurance compensation?

If you’ve been in a car accident caused by a hit-and-run driver, or by a driver who does not have insurance or enough insurance, you may still be able to collect an insurance settlement. These drivers are called “uninsured motorists.” You may already have uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM / UIM) coverage.

If you have UM or UIM coverage, you would file a claim with your insurance company. Kentucky requires that you must be offered UM, but you can reject it. Indiana requires UM coverage; Tennessee requires UM coverage, which included UIM coverage. You should be able to obtain compensation up to the limits of your UM / UIM policy. As with other insurance, you are likely to need legal assistance to obtain an appropriate settlement.

Becker Law Office can review any UM / UIM settlement offer you have received along with the losses you have suffered because of your accident. Where a proposed settlement does not meet your needs, we can be of assistance to you.

Sometimes just a letter from Becker Law Office that outlines your losses and the guarantees their insurance policy has made to you is enough to persuade an insurer to do what is right. But we’ll be ready to press harder to negotiate a reasonable payout if we have to, including taking legal action against an insurer who won’t pay for your covered losses.