The 2019 scholarship contest has come to a close, please view our winning essays here, and check back to enter next year’s contest.
Becker Law Office is offering a Scholarship Program that is designed to help interested high school seniors in the United States to attend an institution of higher education. Three scholarships worth a combined $5,000 will be awarded to help students achieve their goals of furthering their education. Selection of the recipients is based on the creative entry and academic performance.
TOPIC FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION:
Drunk driving causes many wrecks in the state of Kentucky. Recently Becker Law Office teamed up with Safe Ride KY to reduce the number of drunk drivers on the road by giving out Lyft passes during major holidays where drinking and driving accidents are common. Discuss the impact a major auto accident caused by a drunk driver could have on each type of driver involved in such an accident- teen, adult and elderly. How would this type of accident have an impact on these individuals outside of just a damaged vehicle.
HOW TO APPLY:
The following documents must be provided for consideration via the form below.
- Upload an official copy of a current academic transcript.
- Copy and paste a one-page essay of no less than 500 and no more than 750 words which focuses on the Teen Driving topic.
Start of Submission of Application: February 15th, 2019
Deadline of Submission of Application: May 30th, 2019
- The essay contest is open to any senior in high school throughout the United States.
- Applicants should submit an original essay as a Word or PDF document. The essay should be between 500-750 words.
- Applicants should submit a current high school transcript.
- By submitting an application and essay, the student acknowledges that if selected as a winner, Becker Law Office will own all rights to publish, distribute and promote the essay.
- By accepting a prize, all winners grant Becker Law Office the right to use their name, biographical information, and photograph for marketing purposes.
- The winners will be chosen by a selection committee. Submission of a plagiarized essay will result in disqualification. The decisions of the committee are final.
- Employees and former employees of Becker Law Office, Bubalo Law PLC, and Business Technologies are not eligible to enter the essay contest. Family members of employees are also not eligible to apply.
HOW TO WIN:
Entries will be reviewed by the firm and then be judged on the creativity and merit of entries.
First Prize: $2,500 scholarship
Second Prize: $1,500 scholarship
Third Prize: $1,000 scholarship
Winners will be notified of the selection on or before June 15th, 2019.
OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES:
Upon submission, all entries submitted to Becker Law Office in connection with this contest, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Becker Law Office.
Entry materials will not be returned to any entrant. By submitting an entry, the applicant acknowledges that the Becker Law Office will own all rights to publish and promote the submission.
USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS:
All entrants agree that they consent to the use of their name and area of residence, as well to the use of their likeness (as in a photograph) and prize information.
2018 Scholarship Winners
- 1st Place: Angelo Ou – $2,500
- 2nd Place: Hannah Barnes-$1500
- 3rd Place: Braxton Witt –$1,000
2017 Scholarship Winners
- 1st Place: Aayush Mathur attending Purdue $2500
- 2nd Place: Tara Chan attending Georgia Institute of Technology $1500
- 3rd Place: Mary Grace Stachnik attending Clemson $1000
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Essay Submission Form
(**All information provided will be kept strictly confidential.**)